Legal analysis of the law
- Title of the law and Official Gazette number (last change or modification)?
Law on Media („Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia“ no. 184/2013 и 13/2014.
- Does the Law envisage processing of personal data and in what type of Collection (Evidence, Register, Database)?
- What is the purpose of collecting personal data? Is that purpose clear?
Operating of the media, freedom of expression.
- What categories of personal data are collected? Is the scope in compliance with the purpose?
There are no clear guidelines for publishing personal data of the subjects of the reports.
- Who collects the personal data at first instance? (company, institution)
- Is the Consent of the data subject for personal data protection envisaged by this law?
- Is the keeping period of personal data clearly defined?
- Does the law contain separate provision for personal data protection that clearly states the implementation of technical and organizational measures?
Freedom of the media especially includes: freedom of expression of opinion, independence of the media, freedom of gathering, research, publication, selection and transmission of information in order to inform the public, pluralism and diversity of media, free flow of information and openness of media for different opinions, beliefs and diverse content, access to public information, respect for human individuality, privacy and dignity, freedom of establishment of legal entities for the purpose of informing the public, printing and distribution of print media and other media from home and abroad, production and broadcasting of audio / audiovisual programs, independence of the editor, journalist, authors or creators of content or programme associates and other persons in accordance with the rules of the profession.
- Is the processing of personal data prescribed by this law connected to implementation of another law?
- Are there any exceptions for processing of sensitive data? (PIN, biometrics, video surveillance)