Legal analysis of the law
- Title of the law and Official Gazette number (last change or modification)?
Law on adult education („Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia“ no. 7/2008, 17/2011, 51/2011, 74/2012, 41/2014 and 144/2014)
- Does the Law envisage processing of personal data and in what type of Collection? (Evidence, Register, Database)
According to article 25, the public sector, i.e. the institutions for adult education maintain the documentation and records.
- What is the purpose of collecting personal data? Is that purpose clear?
Organization and implementation of educational programs for adults.
- What categories of personal data are collected? Is the scope in compliance with the purpose?
The law does not define categories of personal data to be processed for the subjects. Although Article 25 provides for keeping documents and records, the categories are not provided. The only thing that the article suggests is that the content and form of documentation and records of the Center are proposed by the Minister, which is not in accordance with the principles of protection of personal data.
- Who collects the personal data at first instance? (company, institution)
Centre for adult education.
- Is the Consent of the data subject for personal data protection envisaged by this law?
- Is the keeping period of personal data clearly defined?
- Does the law contain separate provision for personal data protection that clearly states the implementation of technical and organizational measures?
- Is the processing of personal data prescribed by this law connected to implementation of another law?
- Are there any exceptions for processing of sensitive data? (PIN, biometrics, video surveillance)