Legal analysis of the law
- Title of the law and Official Gazette number (last change or modification)?
Energy Law („Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia“ no. 16/2011, 136/2011, 79/2013, 164/2013, 41/2014 and 151/2014).
- Does the Law envisage processing of personal data and in what type of Collection? (Evidence, Register, Database)
Records of system users.
- What is the purpose of collecting personal data? Is that purpose clear?
Using the system.
The data of the users listed in paragraph (1) of this Article may be used to:
1) regulation of contractual relations (connection of energy systems or natural gas, delivering energy or natural gas, etc.);
2) payment of claims;
3) conducting judicial or administrative procedures and
4) communication with customers in order to fulfill the obligations of this Act and the regulations, on the basis of this law.
- What categories of personal data are collected? Is the scope in compliance with the purpose?
Users of the system are required to provide contact information – name, address, PIN, number of the identification document, phone, fax, e-mail to the corresponding operators of the system they use, as well as suppliers of energy, or natural gas and traders for performing energy activities and the provision of public service.
- Who collects the personal data at first instance? (company, institution)
- Is the Consent of the data subject for personal data protection envisaged by this law?
- Is the keeping period of personal data clearly defined?
Upon termination of the contractual relationship, user data is stored for a period of three years from the date of issuance of the final bill for the user for services provided under this Act.
- Does the law contain separate provision for personal data protection that clearly states the implementation of technical and organizational measures?
System operators and suppliers of energy or natural gas and traders are obliged to keep records of users of the system that contains the data and they have the right to process, update and share them with each other for the realization of the obligations arising from this law and regulations adopted under this law and to submit this data per request to the state authorities and courts, as well as other agencies and organizations in the proceedings in accordance with law.
- Is the processing of personal data prescribed by this law connected to implementation of another law?
Law on obligation relations.
- Are there any exceptions for processing of sensitive data? (PIN, biometrics, video surveillance)